[Blindtlk] Why do we advocate?

Cindy Handel cindy425 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 27 21:17:43 UTC 2012

Mary,

I'm sorry you took the responses in the way you did.  I don't think they
were intended that way.

It is important to advocate.  But, we also have to choose our battles.  If
it's more efficient for a relatively small group of people to pay for a cab
or ask a neighbor to drive them once every six years than to ask an entire
department to move or open another office, for our benefit, then I think we
need to ask for a ride or pay for a cab.  Being independent doesn't always
mean doing everything on our own, without help from anyone.  I believe it
just means that we can get the job done.

Cindy