[Blindtlk] Why do we advocate?

Nickie Pearl njp at insightbb.com
Mon Jan 30 13:28:06 UTC 2012

Hi Reese!  I totally understand what you are saying.  I live in the same
neighborhood where I grew up and it has changed so much.  I can trace
behaviors back to the "stay at home mom".  Once it was necessary for both
parents to get out and bring home the bacon, kids were left to their own
devices and all good as we knew it was gone.  I do know my neighbors, on
both sides they are older and we check on them from time to time.  I'll
shovel their driveways when it snows, my husband mows their grass sometimes.
We even exchange Christmas gifts.  My girls, 14 & 11, choose not to play
with or hang around with the other kids in the neighborhood for many
reasons, the biggest being the lack of respect the others have for people
and property.  My girls have plenty of extra curricular  activities to keep
them busy and grounded.  I am outside my house allot in warm weather, if I
see someone, I'm saying Hi!  I like my technology, but I have a balance and
I believe that is the key.
Have a great day!
Nickie