[Blindtlk] Sweeping and Mopping floors

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 10 13:47:26 UTC 2012

Dear Humberto,

In my independent living classes, we take 50 pieces of popcorn and throw it
on the floor in a room with furniture in it.
I generally select a corner of the room and begine sweeping the area, using
overlapping strokes, and hearl the popcorn toward that corner.  I then pick
it up using a dust pan and count the pieces of popcorn.
If the numbers are short, we throw it on the loor and do it again until the
person learns how to sweep up all of the popcore.
The idea of walking around the floor bare foot is great as long as we are
not dealing with broken glass.
You can feel little bits of trash with your feet and then use this to find
and sweep it in to a corner or a dust pan.
Mopping a floor works the same but getting down on your hands and knees
works even better.
You can feel when it is clean.