[Blindtlk] accessible email

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Thu Jun 21 21:16:57 UTC 2012

Hello Michael,
As someone who has walked this miserable road, I would advise you not to
touch Outlook with a barge pole. The cost is not worth it if you just want
an email program. It takes a lot of setting up and has a whole lot of
components you won't use. It also has annoying aspects like choosing
Microsoft Word as a reader. I don't even know half the issues that caused it
not to read my emails properly. I just couldn't waste the time and effort on
making it work as my email program. That's all I wanted. Windows Live Mail
works more like Outlook Express though you do have to get used to the
ribbon. That means the keyboard commands have more keys in each one. For
example, the command to check for new mail is alt+h+t+s+a. There are lots
more of those long strings if you want to edit your contacts etc. However,
most of the time I simply read and send emails. So, for me, it works fine.
I advise you to skip Outlook unless you need a calendar, scheduler, journal,
contacts management suite etc. It's not worth the hassle of the learning
curve, or the money, if all you want is an email program.

Regards,
Heather Field

I would go with Windows Live Mail till you can get back to Outlook express.