[Blindtlk] accessible email

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Fri Jun 22 15:58:08 UTC 2012

Hi Mike,
I think you have mistook me. Grin.

I'm fine with Windows Live mail. I don't mind it at all. I don't mind the
ribbon, it's just a matter of learning some new keyboard commands. There's a
lot to like about Windows 7.

However, I do dislike Outlook as it is much more than a mere email program.
People speak of it as though it were just an expanded version of outlook
Express or Windows Live Mail. In fact, it is a complete suite of components
and is a great deal more than just an email program. Furthermore, layout and
keyboard commands are also different. Once someone is aware of this
situation, then one is able to make a decision about which application one
needs. My objections to Outlook is not that it is changing, or new. My
issues with Outlook are that it is not just an email program but is an
extensive program with a very steep learning curve even just to send email.
People talk about the two programs as if they were virtually
interchangeable. Outlook has so many options and choices it's mind boggling.
As is so often the case, the program has been designed to do so many things
that most people never know all the choices and configurations available.
Regards,
Heather