[Blindtlk] Chapters in Philadelphia and New York?

Constance Canode satin-bear at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 13 18:09:47 UTC 2012

I am originally from Philadelphia and am a former member of the
Greater Philadelphia chapter.  I try to get back once or twice a
year.  I miss it terribly.  Philly is a wonderful city to get
around.  The Els go east and west and the Broad Street subway goes
north and south.  There are many different buses and it is easy to
get into the burbs.  Center city is my favorite part of Philly, lots
of great food and shopping and stuff to do.  It is also easy to get
into Jersey where there are better malls than the one in center
city.  .  Temple is a great college.  In fact, the mens' basketball
team is a part of March madness again this year.  I love March
madness.  Lots of culture and museums in Philly as well and if you
haven't eaten a cheesesteak, you just haven't really
lived...smile.  Stay away from Pat's and Gino's.  They are tourist
traps.  However, if you want a great hoagie, go to Zio's at 13th and
Chestnut in center city.  South Philly also has a myriad of eating
places and good pizza  .Of course, we all know that New York pizza is
awesome.  Good luck with your endeavors.