[Blindtlk] Extreme photophobia/blindness only in light?

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Fri Mar 23 15:03:49 UTC 2012

Good morning David and everyone,

    If he's having difficulty qualifying for services from Florida's agency
for the blind why not a few federationists pull together and help this guy
learn some blindness skills to enable him to get his life back to normal
during daylight hours? Such an effort would be similar to what was done in
Utah in 2005 when a team of Utah federationists were invited by the
producers of a program called "Three Wishes" to teach a blind woman some
techniques to enable her to maintain her independence and to care for their
baby. At least you won't need to build this guy a park. If memory serves me
right I believe the park was a gift to this couple from the town where they
lived at the time. god only knows whatever happened to them.

    It can take years to change legislation and to modify policies of VR
agencies but it would  not be too complicated to find out exactly what this
guy needs and organize a team of members to assist him. Perhaps some of the
blindness products vendors might donate some equipment to help restore his
independence and get his life back to normal. And by all means invite him to
come to next year's national convention being that it's going to be back in
Orlando. All the best.

Peter Donahue