[Blindtlk] Abuse of Blind Children

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Tue May 22 19:39:28 UTC 2012

Hello Brian and everyone,

    Chapter 766 was a law enacted in the state of Massachusetts in 1972 that
mandated that children with disabilities be main-streamed in to public
schools instead of being placed in places like schools for the blind, deaf,
etc. It is commonly hailed as the first law of its kind that required public
schools to accept and accommodate children with disabilities. This law was
the model on which Federal Legislation was based. It's this legislation that
eventually became IDEA. Hope that answers your question.

Peter Donahue