[Blindtlk] getting around a doctors office

Cindy Handel cindy425 at verizon.net
Thu May 24 13:04:34 UTC 2012

When I go to a new doctor's office, I ask if someone can fill out the forms
for me.  Once, a doctor's office mailed me the forms, before my appointment.
I had a good friend fill them out for me.  But, I really prefer to have
someone in their office do it.

As far as getting around the office, when I go in, I stand, for a moment,
and listen to determine where the check-in desk is.  After letting them know
I'm there, I ask them to direct me to an empty seat.  When I'm called to see
the doctor, I ask the person who called me if I may take her arm.

I don't think it's important to spend time learning the exact layout of a
doctor's office.  If you just take a little time to listen and observe, when
you're there, and ask for whatever help you need, you'll do fine.

Cindy