[Blindtlk] getting around a doctors office

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Sun May 27 23:18:37 UTC 2012

I remember hearing Dr. Jernigan saying, (and it may be in the speech that's
been referenced, can't remember), that independence is going where you want
to go, when you want to go, how you want to go, with the least amount of
bother to you or someone else.  Again, I'm paraphrasing, but I believe it to
be true.

There are times when using a cane or dog is best, sometimes sighted guide,
whichever works more smoothly in the given situation.