[Blindtlk] getting around a doctors office

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Mon May 28 14:12:16 UTC 2012

That's in "The Nature of Independence."

Chris Nusbaum

"For we walk by faith, not by sight."
2 Corinthians 5:7

Sent from my BrailleNote

 ----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Jones" <jtj1 at cableone.net
 sent: Sun, 27 May 2012 17:18:37 -0600
Subject: Re: [Blindtlk] getting around a doctors office

I remember hearing Dr.  Jernigan saying, (and it may be in the
speech that's
been referenced, can't remember), that independence is going
where you want
to go, when you want to go, how you want to go, with the least
amount of
bother to you or someone else.  Again, I'm paraphrasing, but I
believe it to
be true.

There are times when using a cane or dog is best, sometimes
sighted guide,
whichever works more smoothly in the given situation.