[Blindtlk] Questions about embossers...

Jasmine Kotsay jasmine.kotsay at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 20:25:08 UTC 2012

Hi,
	I agree that they are sooooo expensive! That's the bad part
about Braille.  However, sometimes getting the technology to
read books from the internet is really expensive as well.
Without Braille, we have to use screen readers, recorders,
and Braille displays that cost hundreds and thousands of
dollars as well.
The one thing I always say about hard-copy Braille books, and
this is my own opinion, is that Braille books won't crash on you.
You don't have to plug them into anything to charge them.  You
don't have to worry about them crashing on you when you need them
most.  The only way Braille will crash is if you wet it.  LOL!
You just have to get hold of the book, grab it off the shelf once
you've bought/borrowed it, and sit and read.  No technological
attachments.  I also love my technology, but I'll never stop
reading hard-copy Braille.  :)

Sincerely,
Jasmine