[Blindtlk] self-driving car--legislation in California

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Thu Oct 11 14:54:34 UTC 2012

Hello Jazzman and everyone,

    This vehicle takes it one step further and is able to "Drive" itself
once given directions from its owner-operator. It would be a matter of
marrying the technology used to allow a blind person to drive independently
with Google's self-driving car and insuring that regulations that would
prevent the blind from operating these vehicles are removed. As stated
previously this is no different than our being able to travel independently
with a guide dog or a white cane. It's just on a different level.

Peter Donahue