[Blindtlk] notetaker information

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 00:06:14 UTC 2012

Hi Sarah,

I have a BrailleNote Apex and an iPhone 4S, and frequently pair my
BrailleNote to my iPhone and use the BrailleNote as a Braille display for my
phone. The BrailleNote works very well with iOS devices, and you can control
your iOS device with your BrailleNote using some simple Braille commands
(space with dot 4 and space with dot 1 to scroll, space with 3-6 to do the
double tap command, etc.) To learn more about how to pair a BrailleNote to
an iPhone and how to control your iPhone with your BrailleNote, I would
direct you to a podcast recorded by Alex Hall which demonstrates using the
BrailleNote as a Braille display for iOS devices. The podcast can be found
at www.braillenoteusers.info/media.

Unfortunately, iOS devices are no longer being supported by the
BrailleSense. So, if you want a notetaker which will work with your iPhone,
your only option currently is the BrailleNote Apex.

If you need any further help or have any more questions, please feel free to
write me off-list at dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com.

Hope this helps,

Chris