[Blindtlk] fyi newslineFw: [nfbmi-talk] my newspaper

Georgia Kitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Mon Sep 3 04:18:00 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Georgia Kitchen" <ghkitchen at comcast.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2012 11:23 PM
Subject: [nfbmi-talk] my newspaper

> Hi all,
>  I  just joined the list recently. My name is Georgia. Here is some info
> on Newsline etc..

As far as  going barefoot, I don't see any thing with a blind person doing
what they want. My bottoms of my feet are used to the wood floors in this
old house. They rather shy away from gravel, rocks, thorny weeds etc. My
feet just aren't used to it.  When I was growing up as they would say as a
perrson with "high Partial Vision" I rarely went barefoot because we lived
on a farm and  there wasn't any of us that went barefoot due to the
probability of  stepping on a nail or stepping on a variety of animal dung
etc. I did get stuck in the mud when I was a youngster and my uncle had to
pull me out. I believe I did have shoes on. At that time, most of the farms
around here in Michigan had farm ponds and we would swim in  them. I would
be horrified now to swim  among lots of clay, mud and weeds now and then. I
now am almost a senior citizen and have been totally blind since 1998. I
used to be on the Braille Note list a long time ago. Now to  some more
informative things...

        > Here is some info about a new feature called         "My   paper."
It is under key 4 under the main menu.