[Blindtlk] conversation about body language

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 23:57:46 UTC 2013

And I would tell your sister that body language is not the only way to know if someone is lying. My mother could always tell when I was lying because I seemed to use a slightly higher pitched voice and I hesitated before answering. Other ways to determine if someone is lying is if they turn their face away while answering (which many blind people can detect )or if they answer much faster or much slower than normal. After getting to know someone, you will pick up on how they normally talk and be able to detect a lie by certain changes in their voice or speech patterns. Oh, and some people use certain words more often when lying or use more complex vocabulary.
-Jewel

Sent from my iPhone