[Blindtlk] Input, please, on Android phones.

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Wed Aug 14 23:32:55 UTC 2013

Hello to All,

For those of you who use Android OS phones, please give me feedback on the phone you are using, its pros and cons, and level of accessibility, and which screen reader you are using.  You may write me off-list

It is my understanding that Android smart phones are now all touch screens and use Mobile Accessibility Lite as the screen reader downloaded from Google Playstore.  Our provider is AT&T, and this is where I got this information.  Please correct me if I am wrong, and give me your thoughts and ideas.

Right now I’m using a Nokia phone with Talks, which I would stay with forever, but want to look at my options since my current phone is an older model, and I am due for an upgrade.

I’m open to either the traditional button phone and prefer that, but know that most phones now are going the touch pad route.

Thanks for any input and advice.’

Judy Jones