[Blindtlk] Question that might seem odd

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat Aug 24 04:01:44 UTC 2013

Jim,

I was a pall-bearer at my grandfather's funeral, although it was a long time ago now.  If you are not at the very front, you won't have any problem feeling
when steps are coming and such by the motion of the casket.  I think it is pretty common to just use one hand so you would have a second hand free to
hold your cane, but since there will probably be someone close in front of you, you won't be able to use it much without risking tripping them.  If the casket
is heavy, you might need two hands, too, that's hard to say.  I was pretty young and was not all that attached to my cane yet so I did not use one, but I'm
not sure what I would do now.

I'm sorry for your loss, and whatever you do, I'm sure it will go smoothly.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson