[Blindtlk] Using Itunes with JAWS

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 02:52:27 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm a little late to the party on this, but trying to figure out how
to use ITunes on my PC. I am running Windows 7 and JAWS 14. I have
been playing around with ITunes and on its own it is not very
accessible. I can navigate to and play songs, but navigation is slow
(just one song at a time, I can't use first-letter navigation) and
when I try to copy songs to a playlist, I can't reliably select the
right songs and sometimes I can't even see all the songs in my
library. A friend suggested scripts from
www.blindtunes.net
I tried downloading the scripts but during the setup process, when I
specify that I want them installed into JAWS 14, I get the following
error message:
Runtime error (at 10:646): out of range.
It gives me no choice but to press OK and abort setup. Does anyone
know why I am getting this error and how I can successfully install
the BlindTunes scripts? Is it because I still have JAWS 11 installed?
If I can't use the BlindTunes scripts, do you have any tips for
playlist creation in ITunes? Thanks!

Arielle