[Blindtlk] Fwd: [Nfbv-announce] Retirement of Dr. Maurer

Lauren Merryfield lauren1 at catliness.com
Sun Dec 1 23:49:37 UTC 2013

Hi,
I do not see Mr. Maurer's supporting Mr. Riccobono and his subsequent
election as a formality. Whoever leads us when Mr. Maurer steps down needs
to have many of the qualities Mr. tenBroek, Dr. Jernigan, Mr. Maurer and
others had, plus a thorough understanding of how to lead the NFB. Any of us
out here might not possess those qualities and we certainly do not know the
inner workings of the NFB.  It would be scary, and possibly disastrous,  if
someone were elected President who wasn't fully prepared and ready to lead
us.

Personally, I'd like to see an open-minded  female finally lead the NFB,
but, then, I'd like to see a liberal female run the USA, too, for a change.
But that isn't happening yet.  So we're still behind the times.

 I am thinking that Mr. Riccobono, though I do not know him, is probably the
best one to lead us in the future. I do trust Mr. Maurer's and the National
Board's thinking on most things, therefore, I do not feel as if Mr.
Riccobono's stepping up to the Presidency as  only a formality. I'm sure he
has been being prepared for this for some time, so it is no overnight
decision on Mr. Maurer's part.

I'm sure glad it isn't me. I am happy to let someone serve in that position
and I do feel that my vote would count, were I able to attend the National
Convention next summer, which I won't. Not unless I rob a big bank, haha.
Many blessings,
Laurenthe

For my new book go to:
www.TheresMoreThanOneWay.com