[Blindtlk] rides from church members

Lauren Merryfield lauren at catlines.com
Tue Dec 10 06:06:27 UTC 2013

Hi,
I know my church has a volunteer committee. I emailed, suggesting that we have a transportation committee, but I might be about the only person needing a ride.

I did have them put a notice in the bulletin and on the bulletin board, but we didn't get any responses. I don't think some of them see me as valuable, but as someone who is broken and not healed; that kind of thing. It is a more liberal church, so it seems like they could be more disability-oriented. I think they are working on improving things, with our new minister. She always stops to say hi to me, which is really nice. But when Marilynn isn't available, I really don't have other options except to take a cab.
Thanks
Lauren