[Blindtlk] rides from church members

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Tue Dec 10 19:22:07 UTC 2013

I find it disturbing that some of us have problems getting rides from
members of our churches, especially if we have been involved in the
churches.  When I was attending our Episcopal church in Florida, which was
again pretty liberal, I never had problems getting rides to and from church.
I suppose the fact that I was in the choir for several years and people got
to know me certainly didn't hurt.  But even before I was in the choir,
people were really good about it.  Also, there was an informal group of us
who would usually go to brunch together after the service, and anyone who
wanted to was welcomed to come along.  It was just in general a very caring,
generous church environment.  Here in Maine, I attend church with a very
nice couple who just happen to live in my building.  The more I write, the
more I realize how fortunate I have been.  I might also say that I have
heard of certain situations in which people were not up front about their
transportation needs, and the drivers were taken advantage of, and the
person requesting the service expected the driver to take them everywhere,
shopping, errands, without that having been agreed upon.  We need to do our
part in making sure that we are up front and that this will not be a one way
street, so to speak.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.