[Blindtlk] Hiring a Driver

DJ Reese atlanticstar1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 17:15:46 UTC 2013

Well, for most of my life I have been fortunate to live in a major city with
both public transportation and Para Transit.  However, there's a new
provision making the rounds down here which if it ever comes to pass, I will
lose public transportation in my area and there goes my Para Transit.  I
really feel for those who have to face this situation on a daily bases.

I never could imagine myself being in a situation such as the one some of
you find yourselves in.  And for this reason, I might have to move from my
home which I truly love, just so I don't lose my independents.  This reality
is hitting home with me.  And all because the transportation could get cut
from my area.

So in my case, I maybe truly forced to sell my home and live somewhere else
because the services won't be available here any longer.  All in the name of
independents.  Go figure!

DJ Reese

----- Original Message ----- I know, I understand.  The only things we can
do on the list because it is a
list, is offer general solutions, because we don't live in each other's
areas of the country.  I'm very sorry if these feel like band-aid answers,
because they aren't meant to be.  The suggestions are places to start,
things to think about.  I personally think rural is great, I live in a
smaller town myself, but when you do, it's all about gains and losses.
You're absolutely right, services should have expanded, and we need more
services in our area, and I think that's always been the case with services.
Even back in the 80s when there were grant monies to be had, there was never
enough to expand services for where they need to be and how often they're to
be received.  So, the final conclusion is:  is getting what you want worth
giving up what you have?  In some instances, the answer can be yes.