[Blindtlk] Hiring a Driver

Lauren Merryfield lauren at catlines.com
Sat Dec 14 07:17:41 UTC 2013

Hi,
I am probably more outgoing at NFB functions than I am around some sighted
people. I am shy at church. I am usually involved in choir and other groups
but since I do not live in the city where my church is located, it is more
difficult to find people who can take turns with rides. It does feel odd to
sit in the congregation when the choir sings. They do not realize I belong
up there, too. I do often attend extracurricular functions. I just sold some
copies of my new book at our craft fair last  Saturday. I took a cab,
though.

I did attend several churches in my hometown, which would all have been
easier to get to, cab-wise or offered transportation. However, though I
liked their music and the friendliness of the people, I didn't like their
judgmental, dogmatic attitudes in their sermons etc.
Thanks
Lauren