[Blindtlk] app recommendations

Ari Damoulakis aridamoulakis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 19:08:40 UTC 2013

Hi Sarah
I know my view might not be too popular because I know many people
love mainstream integration, but I think, if you are a braille user a
traditional notetaker is still the best. First, you can type much
faster because you type in contracted braille. You can actually also
do that on an IPhone if you have a braille display with a keyboard,
but I'm also not happy with the word processors, as far as I know
there isn't a really accessible and friendly office solution for blind
people. Also the calendar. You can use the IPhone calander, but I
think the blind notetaker ones are much faster, so it is better for
education because you can put dates of assignments and things much
faster.
Ari