[Blindtlk] Off Topic - Accessible places on the net for LGBTQ individuals?

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Fri Feb 22 02:59:18 UTC 2013

Hi, Diane,

Me too! My partner is Black and Filipino and, I am in Berkeley,
California a short distance from where the Panthers were founded at
Oakland'sMerrit College in 1966 by Herry P. Nuton and Bobbie Sealle
who wrote a fantastic book (in case you remain uninitiated) called
_Soul on _Ice, a series of raw-styled essays that delve deeply into
the Black sensibility, and other layers of Black make-up. However, it
is important  to resist the zoo animal effect, which effects us blind
people sometimes, "Oh, see how blind people do such and such," I have
found it is serves my needs just to be reasonably familiar with the
subject matter, but ever so quietly, behind the scenes.
Stuff you know can help in explaining patterns you could have
noticed, just for your own edification. _Soule on _Ice is great, as
is the autobiography of Malcolm X. Listen also to Gil Scott Haron.
Perhaps, since I recall seeing somewhere your being a blastomite, we
oughta talk? My number is 408-209-3239 and I am in Berkeley, California.