[Blindtlk] audio editing software

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Jan 29 18:22:07 UTC 2013

Julie,

Many blind people are also using GoldWave in Windows.  It is pretty straight forward to use and it is not very expensive.  I
believe there is still a demo.  Audasity and Sound Forge are all pretty accessible, but it would not be accurate to say everything
is easy to use.  In addition, any good audio program will take time to learn just as does a full-featured word processor.

Ray, am I wrong that GarageBand is also not accessible under Windows?

You may find some who have specific comments on various sound editors on our GUI-Talk list.  You can subscribe by going to

and there is also a PC Audio list that is not associated with our lists that you might find useful.  Send an e-mail to:

pc-audio-subscribe at pc-audio.org

and be sure to reply to the confirmation message.

Good luck.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 10:43:21 -0600, Ray Foret Jr wrote:

>Well Julie, if you want to use ProTools, you'll have to use a Mac to get access to that one. All the other options should be
perfectly accessible using Windows; if that is the one you're wrong.

>Sent from my iPhone

>On Jan 29, 2013, at 10:08 AM, "Julie J." <julielj at neb.rr.com> wrote:

>> Can someone point me in the right direction to find accessible software to produce and edit audio content?  Examples of what
I'm talking about are:

>> Pro Tools, Soundforge, Audacity or Garageband.  This is all very new to me.  I don't know if any of the examples are accessible
or not.  If someone is familiar with a different brand that does the same thing that is accessible that would be great too.  Also
if there is a NFB list for this sort of thing where I could ask more detailed questions that would be awesome!