[Blindtlk] Working in the yard

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Thu Jul 25 11:10:04 UTC 2013

Anita, I spend a lot of time in my gardens and yards and do a heck of a lot
of weeding around my vegetables and flowers.  I have some great power tools
that I use including a rototiller, lawnmower and a very cool
shredder/chipper/mulcher so I can reclaim everything in my yard and compost
it.  Differentiating weeds from good plants is a skill, but you may want to
start by marking the good plants when you plant them with a marker of some
sorts like a straw, small stake, or the like and everything else is assumed
to be weeds.  If you are lanting from seed, it is a little tricker, but
instead of marking the row with stakes, run a piece of twine between the
stakes and let the plants get high enough, and again, everything else is
assumed ot be weeds.

Lawn mowing can be difficult as it matters on how big the yard is, how many
obstacles are in the yard etc.  Mine is small, actually long and narrow, so
this makes it a lot easier to feel what I have gone over.  By the way, my
vegetable garden is absolutely exploding this year!

Steve