[Blindtlk] Working in the yard

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 26 17:11:14 UTC 2013

Dear all,

A set of wind chimes, hanging outside of your doors can provide a very good
sound clue and guide for finding your doors, front and back.
You can even use two different kinds of wind chimes for each door.
You can also use different types of gravel, rocks, wood chips, bricks and
pavers to mark paths and bonders from on section to another in and around
your yard to help you keep oriented.
There are even lights and sound makers that work on a motion detector that
will turn on lights or emit a sound when anyone walks into their protected
area.
You can even use an electronic luggage locator placed on a door, object or
location you want to find and then carry the remote with you and use it when
you think you are close.  There are models with multiple tags that sound and
flash with different buttons on the remote to let you find a particular tag
location.
I use one on my bags to find them in the airport, bus station or train
station.
Just some thoughts and ideas.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.