[Blindtlk] Use of the Term Visually Impaired

kelby carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 21:16:31 UTC 2013

THe people in this particular discussion were arguing even beyond what
that HR department apparently had in place--that "visually impaired"
was in and of itself a morally off-limits word.

My philosophy is akin to George Carlin's: changing the name of the
condition does not change the condition itself.