[Blindtlk] Use of the Term Visually Impaired

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Fri Jun 21 21:24:34 UTC 2013

Just a note of interest, do you realize that the way you said this, the
statement you would be making, if you wanted to incorporate blindness into
your framework, you would say I am blind, still placing yourself first
(e.g., you suggested as an example I  am tall... which suggests these are
all subparts of the overall you, which is the most important part of you).
Blindness, at least to me, is just one more characteristic of who I am. It
is not all of me just like my being female is only a part of who I am, I do
not think, the female Chris, I think of Chris the female.
Happy Friday all, excellent topic, and lots of fun!
Chris