[Blindtlk] 10 natural ways to relieve stress

Peter Wolfe yogabare13 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 00:08:37 UTC 2013

Julie!

    Thank you for acknowledging my side and descenting points of view
cause assumptions can be counterproductive. I get stressed because of
confusion of blind issues from psychological trama done to me as a
child and young adult just small examples of this in practice. I'm
extremely paranoid and the uncertainty thtat blindness has doesn't
allow me to compensate for it. For example, if I'm taking a bath that
I feel like someone could break in my home and rape or kill me. This
is a small example cause my dad with his schizophrinia undug my Uncle
Elvin's dead body as I was a child so still deal with backflashes.
Don't want anybody to think that I'm just making all this stuff up
just that there are other things to consider.

    Secondly, if you want to learn yoga that you can use your I-Phone
under the VIA app or type in the app store search "blind yoga" or a
term like it to find a $2.00 application is a good starter. There are
some websites and yoga youtube videos online not as good as what I
happen to have on hand though. If your serious and really want to get
into yoga that you must pay $130.00 minimum from url:
http://www.maxiaids.com type in the search yoga. Two term items will
show up being the 'Tactile-braille yoga mat; that costs $80.00 with an
additional $10.00 for shipping and handling and another $30.00 for a
five disc beginner cd set. Lastly, you would listen to the first yoga
tactical mat cause it has two beginning dvds that play on Windows
media player and he five disc set is actually cohosted by a blind
Vietnam vetern with blindness and all.

    In conclusion, I'm sorry that I cam across with my frontal attack
that wasn't my intention. I just love defending the minority groups
not for defending them onto themselves but cause I really care. I'm a
sensitive fellow who has had a very hard life and want to give back in
anyway that I can. I want to try to become a counselor butt have a
bachelors in poli sci of all things just got intemedated by others in
college saying Psychology really requires a masters degree and all
ffor any real employment. I might try for some social work
certifications or counseling in general cause I want to counsel people
especially perhaps LGBTQ, veterns or child abuse victims like myself
out there. One of my problems is that I don't want to listen to
psycvhologist cause I'm like you haven't had a hard life like me but
that is the wrong attitude so am getting counseling in town in two
weeks. Thanks and hope this helps Julie!

hugs,
Peter a.k.a Emily

On 3/5/13, Julie J. <julielj at neb.rr.com> wrote:
> [...]
> programs you have found helpful or websites or whatever.
>
> Thanks!
> Julie
>

> On 3/4/2013 9:58 PM, Peter Wolfe wrote:
>>      I'm sorry the perseption isn't the reality especially in any and
>> all given circumstances. There are people who become blind who live
>> with side ailments of their blindness that you don't have to deal
>> with. For example, I have a friend who had his face blown off with a
>> shot gun who deals with no doubtt nerve damage just an example of
>> stress. I'd also say many other veterns comigng from battle fields
>> abroad undergo great deals of stress. Other blind people have other
>> disabilities that intermingle with their blindness that causes stress
>> and many of them use chemicals to attempt to balance this process but
>> cannot fully manage it either.
>>

>>      I don't think its simply your attitude cause its the nature of the
>> times of being stressful cause the world is changing. This isn't
>> merely a philosophy of mine cause right now that I'm not stressed for
>> now at all. I just did a yoga practice and feel freakin wonderful just
>> that I'm receptive  towards other blind people in individual
>> counseling and all. I do believe certain things whether
>> transportation, changing economics or welfare reform would put many on
>> the streesser because of more limited options being blind. All of this
>> results from blindness that cannot be rid of. Mr Jernigan is wrong
>> like NFB is wrong with not wanting accessible tactical currency that
>> is simply ridiculous and counerproductive as Mike states. When other
>> advanced countries have it, yet the U.S the greatest nation on Earth
>> doesn't that is stressful especially in adverse situations like once I
>> had someone steal my money. So, not all of the time will techniques
>> nor adaptive technology will work especially in a pinch that is
>> extremely stressful so I disagree in trama situations. Lastly, its
>> funny seeing how you guys don't think negative stress doesn't occur
>> because all blind institutions that I've attended have psychologists
>> whether E.H Gentry Technical Facility in Talladega, Lion's World
>> Training Center or Vocational Rehabilitation as a whole can have
>> psychological aptitude tests as well.
>>

>> sincerely realistic,
>> Peter
>>
>> On 3/4/13, Marion Gwizdala<blind411 at verizon.net>  wrote:
>>>      As a professional in the field of health&  wellness, I would like to
>>> add
>>>
>>> my support to Mike's comments about blindness being a major stressor. One
>>> of
>>>
>>> my fields of expertise is in stress management, teaching seminars to
>>> employees of large corporations. The truth about stress is that it is
>>> the
>>> result of our interaction with the environment; it cannot be eliminated,
>>> only managed. Stress is fundamentally the reaction to our perception of
>>> circumstance. It is neither positive or negative except that thinking

--
Cordially,
Peter Q Wolfe, BA
e-mail: yogabare13 at gmail.com
"If you don't stand up for something your willing to fall for anything"
Peter Q Wolfe
"Stand up for your rights"
Bob Marley