[Blindtlk] Getting a new cane?

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Wed Mar 6 17:41:29 UTC 2013

Now I have never found waving the cane to do anything except to give me a tired arm. When I work with a sighted person, it depends upon what I'm doing whether I use them as a guide or not. Whatever I do with them, however, I use the cane. One of the things you can do at an intersection where there is no light is to look like you know what you want to do. Lean just a little forward, like you are ready to cross. When you step out, do so confidently. If you happen to veer, beer away from the parallel traffic. You can always come back and find the sidewalk.

To those of my friends who want to say that we have gone far afield from the subject line, I know.