[Blindtlk] learning Jaws

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Tue Mar 19 13:32:57 UTC 2013

Having come up through screen readers when the best on the market was something called Video Voice, followed by Provox,, then by Vocal Eyes, Arctic Business Vision, Outspoken, JAWS, Window Eyes, and now Voice Over, and let us not forget the free ones, I do not agree that any program of whatever nature or capability is inherent to our success. Remember, those of you who can, that some were successful before there were programs, computers, or, for that matter electricity. A fellow named Milton got by with only his daughters, although they didn't enjoy the work.