[Blindtlk] learning Jaws

Peter Wolfe yogabare13 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 05:27:26 UTC 2013

David and others,

    I'm disappointed in the rehabilitation that I was given cause they
should have splayed the negatives and positives of all assistive
technology to me as a student not the way they did it. I do have a
pessimestic point of view and will get on with it but feel like I
could change something with the inefficient and broken system in
rehabilitation. Can someone give me an example of Window-Eyes really
being used in the federal government? Honestly the CAP program whether
at the Department of Defense, IRS, Social Security and other agencies
have all reported using Jaws not even a whisper about Window-Eyes. In
fact, I was in Washington D.C with nobody even knowing about
Window-Eyes at all just saying from direct experience.

    Lastly, I am going threw the training and it won't take a mobnth
or two out of my life just wish there were more clearly defined
guidelines. More comprehensive research needs to be done in a
consistant format with the human resources department at the OPM too.
I wish all positions would give standard applications that are used
and if they are capable to use with existing assistive tech by
volunteer surveys of blind workers too. It could take only six months
for such measures to be finished and it would aid everyone to do so.
I've already e-mailed OPM with no word back. I want change and maybe
I'll be taken more seriously by the establishment as a worker.

sincerely

--
Cordially,
Peter Q Wolfe, BA
e-mail: yogabare13 at gmail.com
"If you don't stand up for something your willing to fall for anything"
Peter Q Wolfe
"Stand up for your rights"
Bob Marley