[Blindtlk] Professions on list?

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 24 03:11:56 UTC 2013

Peter,
    There is a wealth of information available on various professions blind
people perform available through the NFB. As for me, I had a challenging
time deciding what I wanted to be when I grew up and, since I have not yet
grown up, am still deciding! (grin) I have been a professional musician
since I was 16 years old. In my 20s I pursued a career in sales and
eventually found myself recruiting people to work overseas. After saddam
Hussein invaded Kuwait, the bottom fell out of the overseas employment
market, so I went back to school, got a Bachelor's degree in Psychology
followed by a master of Science degree in Mental Health Counseling. I am
currently in private practice as a Life coach and Hypnotherapist, though I
still perform regularly and serve Unity North Tampa as their Music Director.
    When I do my public speaking, whether for the NFB or for kairos Health &
Wellness Center (my private practice, see http://www.KairosHWC.com)  I
generally employ music as a tool to engage and underscore my talks. I share
this with you to encourage you to develop several talents and use all your
assets as you network with others!

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG