[Blindtlk] How we write doesn't mean we are writing to hurt or insult anyone

Gloria Whipple glowhi at centurylink.net
Sat Mar 30 17:41:39 UTC 2013

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks so much for posting that.

I agree with you ho heartedly.

Gloria Whipple

-----Original Message-----
From: blindtlk [mailto:blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of cheryl
echevarria
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2013 10:15
To: Blind Talk Mailing List
Subject: [Blindtlk] How we write doesn't mean we are writing to hurt or
insult anyone

Not being the moderator of the list just being a member of this division and
this is to be taken as someone caring for all here, and these 2 weeks are
some of the holiest weeks of the year with both passover and easter, which
just means we should be kind to each other not just this week but all the
time.
We have all tried to be honest and help Peter.
Let us hope that Peter and those that might be reading this and think either
good or bad thoughts.
We cannot make everyone happy what we post, I am the one always trying to
post apologetic before I even say anything in regards on insulting anyone
that doesn't know me personally.
When we write something whether it is an e-mail or even talking on the
phone, some people might take the person on the other end of the phone being
rude when they are just trying to be direct, that is 2 different things.
So sometimes we have to read what is being said than the way we want it to
come out.
I know a famous NFB member Anil Lewis, who has been our National Rep here in
NY at our conventions one year it was in 2007 when he first came and I was
one of the NY State 2007 Scholarship Winners.
In one of his speeches, he was talking about New Yorkers, and he has heard
New Yorkers are rude and obnoxious people.  He says we are totally the
opposite, we give the shirts of our backs, and like Carl Jacobsen says we
will even through in the shoes and socks if you need them as well.
Anil has said over and over again. New Yorkers are rude, we are direct
people and get to the point.
So we should try to remember that, unless we know the person personally,
then we should take what we write as help and not trying to insult or put
people down.
I myself tend to be extremely sensitive, but it also shows that I have a
heart and it can be broken.
Please be kind to one another.
God bless and enjoy each other.
Cheryl

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY State
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!SNG Certified - Accessible Travel
Advocate!Cheryl Echevarria,
Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatrave
l.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com2012 Norwegian Cruise Line
University Advisory Board Member.
Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST -
#1018299-10Echevarria Travel and proud member of the National Federation of
the Blind will be holding a year round fundraiser for the
http://www.NFBNY.org after Hurricane Sandy and other resources. Any vacation
package booked between November 6 2012-November 6, 2013 and vacation must be
traveled no later than 12/30/2014 a percentage of my earnings will go to the
affiliate.  Also is you book a Sandals for couples or Beaches for families
and friends resorts vacation, $100.00 per booking will go to the affiliate
as well.  You do not need to be a member of the NFB.org, just book through
us.

> From: glowhi at centurylink.net
> To: blindtlk at nfbnet.org
> Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:56:27 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Blindtlk] Teddy Bears?
>
> Peter,
>
> No one on these lists twisted your arm for being here. You are free to
come
> and go as you please.
>
> Gloria Whipple

Wolfe