[Blindtlk] Independently dosing diabetes medication?

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri May 10 17:48:36 UTC 2013

Renee:
Dave gives you good advice. To give more definitive answers, though, we would need to know which medications are being used and how they are being administered, that is, whether they are oral medications or whether, as your message implies, they are injected and, if the latter, whether pens are used or viles are used. All these situations can be handled, though. I urge you to visit the nfb website and put the phrase "Bridging the Gap" in the search box. You will be taken to a document, available both as audio and HTML, published by the Diabetes Action Network, a division of nfb, which, among other things, describes living with diabetes as a blind person. I can also send it to you this evening as a Word document. Though a few years old, the information is still pretty current.
More this evening.

Mike Freeman