[Blindtlk] People How Asking How one Became Blind

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Thu May 16 23:11:30 UTC 2013

I've always found it funny the way people are so petrified of
offending you when they ask you about your blindness.  I honestly
can't recall a time when I've truly been upset when someone asks
for information.  People love to ask me about my eyes, my
technology, and (more than everything else) my dog.  Actually,
I'll take the above statement back-the questions about the dog
get irritating after awhile, but not because they're personal,
it's just that they get asked so very often.  Nonetheless, I
really don't mind answering people's questions.  As much as I
think people should self-educate about a lot of things, not
everyone is going to, so every bit of education and "good press"
we can get out there helps us.

Kelby