[Blindtlk] Eye Pressing

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Fri May 17 23:59:36 UTC 2013

Okay, everybody.  It's time for me to admit an embarrassing
confession, and to ask an equally embarrassing confession.  I
have struggled with the habit of eye pressing or poking since I
was just a baby, and it's still an issue to this day.  I'm in
college and would really like to get it cleared for good.  It's
much better than when I was little (back then it would interfere
with things socially, now it's intermitent and rarely commented
on.) I have LCA, and I have heard some other people with that
particular genetic condition say it is also a problem.  Does
anyone have any strategies to recommend for ridding myself of
what remains of this admittedly annoying habit?

Kelby S.  Carlson

Vanderbilt University