[Blindtlk] People How Asking How one Became Blind

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Sat May 18 09:55:17 UTC 2013

Good morning, Mike, and others,

For mee, A respect and appreciation of the work of both Dr. TenBroek,
and Dr. Jernigan run deep, partly, I admit, because of where I live,
in the cradle of the disability movement, as well as where two
fathers of the movement, as well as of the Federation itself , began.
Like struggles of civil rights throughout the ages,  those pioneers
sought to gather  a tidal wave of discontented and disenfranchised
blind folks, virtually with nothing whatsoever to lose, all looking
for a brighter day.
I do however believe that, the  incarnation of the Federation
reflective of the time of the fathers, is indeed a far cry from
today's top-heavy and unwieldy behemoth. Gone is the grass
roots  sense of organization and a feeling that your back was forever
had, by your brother in the struggle.
Sorry for the unwieldy feel of this here letter!Car  :