[Blindtlk] Accessibility Input For Government Contracting Database

Nicholas Robertson robertson.nicholas at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 6 20:55:20 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Maybe this is not the correct forum for this, but I'm in strong need of accessibility input for the eCMS government contracting database.  Some portions of the program do not communicate well with JAWS.  I am not immune to using a reader, but wondered if any tech gurus out there had any ideas.  Sadly, I can't get very detailed about the specs of the database because I am not techie, and cannot give anyone access to the site because of clearance issues.

Maybe, I should of started out by asking if there are any other blind government contractors out there.  I did not, but are there?  If so, what are your work arounds?  Thanks for any help.  I apologize if this is not the right thread for this question.  Selfishly, I wanted a thread that got many views in hopes of getting some help.

I will end by saying that I was afforded this opportunity because of the relationship that the Department of Veterans Affairs Deputy Director Jan Fry shares with longtime NFB member James Omvig.  I am so grateful for the relationship between the two parties in hopes of further employment opportunities for the blind of America.  God bless the NFB and its empowerment tools!

Thank you,

Nicholas S. Robertson, MBA
Mayor of Barnes City
Phone: 641.660.2475