[Blindtlk] Best places to live

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Thu Oct 31 15:13:11 UTC 2013

I agree, but with a but. Money is not the only way to pay someone. I try to get my students to think of things that they do well which they can share with others. In college, I learned to make a couple of good meals. When I needed transportation, or more frequently, a reader, I would invite that person over for dinner to thank them. I have colleagues here who are happy to drive, and will not accept payment. So I try to find something I can do for them. Now that I can afford it, a gas card magically appears in their box. If they need something written, and I do that fairly well, I'm happy to ghost writer. (yes, even on Halloween.) Barter is alive and well.