[Blindtlk] Blindness and Singleness

justin williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 19:35:38 UTC 2013

I'm just lightening up the thread a little.  But seriously, our not getting
as many opportunities is not our falt, buut the folt of those individuals
who do not accept us.  However, since we are the ones who will not have a
date on Friday night, it falls to us to give ourselves a better chance.
That's why I really believe that using an interest group or something to
bridge the gap makes it easier.  I say to try online only because everyone
is looking for the same thing, and there is an abundance of singles.  I
didn't have much luck, but it should still be an option.  Most of us have
experienced rejection solely because the other person wouldn't give us a
chance, or was talked out of it by their friends and family.  If it has
never happed tto you, then I am happy for your success and wouldn't wish for
you to experience what I and most of the others who have posted on this
thread have. While you are waiting for her, do some work on yourself through
reading and personal development.  That is a bigg help, because when you get
your shot, you have to be spot on.  The way we do things for us is natural,
but for folks who are sighted, it is something they can't imagine.  Try
reading books on love and relationships; that will give you an edge that the
average person won't have.