[Blindtlk] Blindness and Singleness

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 8 20:55:33 UTC 2013

Ever since I joined the NFB back in 2006, I have and told people blindness is a characteristic and most of the time a nuisance. That is what we say all the time.

People for years not being with any organization, have husband, boyfriends, wives, girlfriends, etc. It is all about how confident you are. In anything in life, confidence, even if you fake it in public that you are scared off something or nervous, don't let the other person know that.

When losing my vision at the age of 35, now 46, I thank god that my husband didn't leave, my ex probably would have, but at the same time, I had when I met my husband he knew I had diabetic retinopathy and what that would mean. All about confidence, if you are confident, you will meet people, blind or not.

I had to learn confidence not as a kid because I was beaten up every day. I was bullied all the way through High School, married a jerk, had a child, lived on my own, etc. Married the love of my life, Nelson, for those that know him, the greatest man in the world.  But I had to learn confidence again to go out there on my own as a divorced mom with a baby, etc. Then I found Nelson, I had to fake being confident at first, until I opened up, and the rest is history.

Go out there and find that person, there is someone for everyone.

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com

Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10 FLST T156780Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking https://nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314.Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. http://www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama