[Blindtlk] Divisions information was dues

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 17:29:35 UTC 2014

I am posting about the Travel & Tourism information to those that might be interested as well.
Travel & Tourism website is www.nfbtravel.org, I am the President, It is $10 a year to join, and have a paypal.com option on how to join page or you can mail our Treasurer is Glenda Farnum, Treasurer, NFB Travel & Tourism, 6116 W Gun Hill Way, Warr Acres, OK 73132 her phone number is 405-255-6482.  You can make out checks to NFB Travel & Tourism, and our National Division Meeting is in Orlando on July 3, 2014 from 1-4:30PM at the 74th Annual Convention of the National Federation of the Blind, which we will be collecting new members and renewal of dues prior to the meeting.
We have a facebook group page, NFB Travel & TourismAlso a twitter page: @travelandtouri1

We are not just about leisure travel. Our division wants to achieve equality, opportunity and security for the blind in all things in travel realm.
We work with people seeking to work the travel industry; as either travel agents, or to work with such suppliers as a hotel, resort, cruise line, or maybe tour operators, or being your own entrepreneur.  That means education. The travel industry whether you just travel, advocate, or work in it, is over a multi-trillion dollar industry and there is a lot of opportunities for the blind.
We have an e-mail list on the www.nfbnet.org and the signup for that is:
Each month we have a monthly division teleconference call for all members and non-members who want to learn more about this great division. April's meeting is April 15th at 8pm Eastern Time.
Announcements of these calls will be on the e-mail list, and the number and information will always  be the information below.
So join us by calling (805) 360-1000 and the access code is 871517#

The purpose of the National Federation of the Blind Travel & Tourism Division is to aid the National Federation of the Blind. It is to serve as a vehicle for collective action by the blind of the nation. This division functions as a mechanism through which all interested blind and sighted persons can come together to plan and execute programs that improve the quality of life and travel for the blind. We promote vocational, cultural and social advancement of the blind; to achieve integration of the blind into society on the basis of equality with the sighted; to focus attention upon accessibility and problems facing blind travelers, to educate blind people interested in the travel and tourism industry; and to take any other action necessary to improve the overall condition and standard of living of the blind.

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateOffering the Best in Meaningful Travel Experiences for Everyone!Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerwww.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Sign up for our e-newsletter by e-mailing us you first and last name, and e-mail address to reservations at echevarriatravel.com, let us know if you want just text or pictures in your e-mail.
Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama