[Blindtlk] NFB Convention Orlando taxis & banquet attire

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 24 10:46:52 UTC 2014

If you mean from Orlando international to the hotel we are staying at, you can actually transfer your  access-a-ride service to the Florida service.  You have to call your bus company in your state where you use the service and give the information to the 407-423-TRIP (8747).
If you want to take a taxi to theme parks like Walt Disney World, I suggest you grab a car full, each way it was last year $45 and we had 6 people with us so, $7.50 per person.  But you have to let people know ahead of time how you want to divi that up.
The  I-Ride Trolley which is about $2.00 per ride or $5.00 per day which you can purchase at the hotel, either stops in front of our hotel going one direction and the other side of the street going the other, and then they have connections going to other areas in area.
Runs from 8:00 AM - 10:30 PM
It Goes to many attractions and restaurants, we found a wonderful Greek Restaurant last year in one of the Shopping Centers, and had a great time, if fact, if you wanted to walk back to the hotel from the restaurants, which we did, is was about a 1/4 of a mile.
The even have wet 'n wild theme park, Titanic Museum and the shopping outlets and many other places to go when general session or other meetings not going on.
Remember! Convention you are there to learn and work, afterwards like for the evening or days when you came in early or staying late, or just don't want to eat dinner at the hotel.

Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentNational Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism DivisionA proud division of the National Federation of the Blindwww.nfbtravel.org631-236-5138cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Also Owner of Echevarria Travel631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.comwww.echevarriatravel.comDisabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY State
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.
Sign up for our e-newsletter by e-mailing us you first and last name, and e-mail address to reservations at echevarriatravel.com, let us know if you want just text or pictures in your e-mail.
Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama