[Blindtlk] NFB Convention Orlando taxis & banquet attire

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 10:55:44 UTC 2014

In my experience the norm is what many describe as "church dress," though that term can have a fairly broad definition these days. As a guy It would be dress pants, shirt, tie, and jacket (optional.) I'm not sure what the norm is for the ladies, though you probably get the idea. They may not throw you out if you don't dress up, but you will likely stand out to the sighted people in attendance. :)

As to your question regarding cabs in Orlando, I have not taken a cab to the Rosen for convention. However, I have taken cabs in Orlando when I've been there for other things. In my experience the cabs are pretty reliable, particularly at the airport where many cabs seem to be available most of the time. There are a few different cab companies in Orlando, so you might try another company if the first one you call doesn't work out. There is also a shuttle which I believe goes from the airport to the convention hotel. Hope this helps—see you in Orlando!

Chris Nusbaum

Sent from my iPhone