[Blindtlk] a sincere appology, and a possible discrimination case.

Bonnie Lucas lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 21:54:18 UTC 2014

The last time I heard this topic discussed, it seems as if someone said that
stores are not obligated to assist, however, most do this willingly. If it
had been a busy time of day, then
Calling them might have been a courteous thing to do. But, since it was the
middle of the night and they are open 24 hours, obviously, we all know they
were not busy unless it was "black Friday" which occurs in November.
Frankly, the only time I have ever called for an assistant is when I have
been going clothes shopping and have asked specifically for a shopper. Even
with that, I went in once on the spur of the moment to JCP without any
problem. If you had brought an aid, you wouldn't have needed their help. I'm
concluding that they simply did not want to help. Have you gone there during
daytime hours? If so, it simply may have been the folks on duty. I would
contact the store's manager and explain your situation. It may be that those
knuckleheads working at night just need a stiff talking to by the powers
that be.

One more thing, if this was a chain store, then you should file a complaint
with the corporate headquarters. Then, you should talk with the manager and
let that person know of your experience. That way, when corporate confronts
the local store, they know they can't push it under the rug.

Best of luck

Bonnie Lucas
Good luck.