[Blindtlk] Nook reader and KindleFire.

Jessica Arnold iscahlyn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 08:25:20 UTC 2014

Hello Judy and all. I know nothing about nook hardware. But I just got
a kindle fire hdx.
For the most part it works great. Has a great voice. Great design
hardware and software.
The problem I have and this could be user errer is sometimes when you
click on something you could without meaning too accidentally buy
something you don't want. Now having said that I never purchased
anything I don't want. But I decided to give it to a family member.
The audio on it is superb.
And when it works its great.
Personally though I wish I knew if the nook hardware was accessible
because I like the nook app too. However on my android it seems to
pause a lot and I don't know why. The android kindle app works too.
But it is a bit harder looking up words. And on android unless I
simply can't find it it does not have the x-ray feature.
I like the kindle fire hdx for its simplicity, design, great sound,
and with amazon prime and kindle unlimited it is a reading power
house.
But there are still accessibility issues that I personally don't have
the patience to deal with.
By the way. Kindle unlimited is available on your android and ios
devices as well. But the reviews that say the big book places aren't
signing on so for me the books I really want to read I would have to
pay for anyway.
I think if nou buy the books, music, video on your computer. It makes
it a ton easier. Maybe that is what I should have done before giving
it go a family member.